Wednesday, December 30, 2015

New Year - New Resolution: What the Hell? or What the Hell!

I have turned into a routine person.  It seems strange for me to admit to this because I have thought of myself as the opposite for most of my life.  I can't say for sure when routine became my thing as I can only seem to recognize this when I am experiencing non-routine situations and fall into a sense of confusion, similar to the "What the hell?" movement as opposed to the, "What the hell!" movement.


I hate resolutions for the new year.  People set up these outlandish goals, like to exercise and eat right.  Honey, if you haven't been doing that before 1/1, chances are it ain't happenin' after 1/10.  So, with that in mind, I have resolved to make a resolution to the best of my current state.  I was originally thinking that I would do or try something new at least once a week but I quickly realized that my out for that would be to try new foods and would likely end up being 48 new flavors of ice cream and 4 new potato chip flavors or some other item, like different types of chocolate.  I also realized that doing or trying involves a break from the routine and while I think I can do that periodically, once a week would immediately throw me into that category of outlandish goal setter.   For this year, I will be breaking the routine and setting a resolution that may be achievable.  To do or try something new at least once a month.  I think I can find 12 new things that won't send me spinning into, "What the hell?" but might possibly lead to a resolution for the following year to join the "What the hell!" movement.  I'm also making a personal promise that these new things will only be food related for up to 3 of the 12.  Recommendations?  Suggestions?  Share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment